HOW SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION PROCESS DONE
Prior to starting the process, we should follow the process for an effective search engine optimisation campaign. Before starting an effective SEO campaign we should be digital planner, social media advertiser, a content planner, conversion rate enhancer, a page rank (PR) specialist. Basic process consists of following steps:
1. Keyword Research: Keyword research is a process of indicating a group of keywords that will be utilize in the process. This step is very important and need a big amount of time to discover a good group of keyword phrases that gives a balanced mixture of two big important components: High search volume and low competition within the search engines.
Selecting the most used phrase that includes your targeted keywords is very easy. There are various online tools that permit you enter a specific keyword or keywords and which will show all the paths in which that keyword(s) was used by web searchers in the previous month and volume of the searches. However, the most searched keywords is also the ones with big competition in the search outcome pages and to get high ranking by using that keywords requires a lot of time and effort. A greater effective way is to find a set of keywords. For instance: around 10 keyword phrases that are mostly used by web searchers but they should have low competition in total number of search result pages.
Once we have selected our targeted keyword phrases, we then perform a detailed competitive inspection of topic website against its 10 big competitors. We utilise a sequence of search engine optimisation measures consist of indexed content, inbound links, Alexa rating, age of domain and social media statistics. By this process, we can provide estimates the client site’s initial position opposed to its competition.
2. Goal Setting: After gaining big insight into the client website’s initial position, we need to set the desired goals for the plan. These goals are attached to the particular business goal of the site. In the continuing progress of reporting and following up, progress related to plan goals are examined and reported. We can adjust SEO plan as per the result and findings of the progress reports.
3. Building Content: Search engines give big importance to text. We should have high quality and high volume content in sites related to topic of site or business. This is very important process and gives site a great value.
A site with high quality content of related topic provides site users a reason to stay on the website and visit that again. Above all, the main reason they visited the site was to get information. We will then receive more advantage by giving precisely what the search engines want from us – content. By writing more content they will have more information about business or services and that will directly have a positive effect on site ranking for related keywords.
4. On Page Optimisation (On Page SEO):
• Web Page Titles: We need to make sure that site title should show something else than company name or just a welcome. We should use our main targeted keyword in the title of that webpage first followed by company name.
• Navigation Using Text: Search engines unable to read images. If website’s navigation system has lots of images, we will then need system using text navigation so that search engines can easily read and follow to make sure that all the related sub-webpages and services of site are indexed by search engines.
• Importance Of Targeted Keywords: We can’t put targeted keywords anywhere on site or webpage. The placement of targeted keyword phrases on site also affects ranking position. Writing the first paragraph into site body with our targeted keyword gives the site more influence than writing it in the middle or end of the body of website. By using bigger font sizes and bolding the text enhances its value and gives a positive impact on site’s ranking for that keyword phrase.
• Creating A Site-Map: Creating a site map consists of list of all the links to all the pages of our website. By placing a text-based link to the site-map on the homepage of site is good way to ensure that all the pages of site are indexed by search engines when they visit site.
• Using Meta And Alt Data: Meta tag is the code contained in the upper section of our website code. They represent the sites or webpage topic or subject and its importance to the search engines. The short description of sites that we see on search results pages is derived from meta description tag of home page and used for site’s benefit.
5. Social Media And Link Building Process:
• Social Media Sharing: Sharing online via social media gives golden opportunity for businesses. Many online marketers are using social medial to the larger scale. In this process, we develop a social media presence for businesses or companies by creating social media profiles to share their site’s content so that they can attract more visitors and customers.
• Creating Backlinks Or Inbound Links: Every link with high-quality pointing to site enhances its value and ranking. Search engine notice links pointing to webpage every time when it refreshes. If links pointing to your site are from high quality sites, search engine gives more ratings to your site and rewards the website accordingly by increasing its value and ranking. We can always monitor site link popularity by using various free tools available online. We can also use Google Webmaster Tools to check backlinks or inbound links pointing to site.
6. Reporting: Reporting should be done at regular interval after the execution of SEO campaign. We should monitor and compare site ranking, site traffic and other key elements before, between after executing SEO campaign which will help to reach desired goal.
We can use Google Analytics tool to monitor the unique and regular visits to a site or webpage. We can also gain insight from where or which part of the world visitors are arriving to site or webpage.
We can also check ranking and page rank of site by using various free tools available online. For instance: Majestic SEO.
7. Time Period: Search engines can take some time to index a site and to change its ranking. Some search engines can take 2 weeks to 1 month and some search engines can take 2 – 6 months.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8325056